Control: You and your spouse control the process & make final decisions.
Adversity: Both spouses contractually pledge mutual respect and openness.
Cost: Costs are manageable, usually less expensive than litigation; "team model" is financially efficient in use of experts.
Outside Experts: Jointly retained specialists provide information & guidance toward mutually beneficial solutions.
Privacy: The process, discussion, and negotiation details are kept private.
Communication: Both spouses communicate directly with the assistance from members of your team.
Your situation is resolved outside the court during and after the divorce
- Work occurs as a team
Everything is "on the table"
- Full financial disclosure
- Workplace/career impact
- Family or child issues
- Other issues the court may not consider
Your team cannot represent you if you abandon process and litigate
- Your team is in place to support you through the collaborative process
- If that process breaks down, the team is contractually obligated to step-away
Parties' needs are addressed within the "Safe Container"
- Team effort is to develop options reflective of the family's goals and interests