Susan Saper Galamba Attorney
McDowell Rice Smith & Buchanan
605 W. 47th St., Suite 350 Kansas City, MO, 64112
Divorce is difficult – both emotionally and financially. While there are always cases that result in litigation, collaborative law provides a platform for genuine cooperation between clients, attorneys, and selected neutrals.
My concentration in family law began over twenty-five years ago when I served as a Jackson County, Missouri certified court-appointed mediator. I have an in-depth knowledge of family law ranging from straightforward divorces to high net-worth estates, businesses, trusts, and complex custody cases. Regardless of the size of your estate or the issues involved in your divorce, a collaborative law divorce will allow you to maintain your privacy, retain control over the decisions being made about your life and your family, and limit the emotional and financial costs associated with divorce.
In addition to being a trained collaborative law attorney, I am an American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers certified mediator and arbitrator, and have participated in advanced negotiation training.
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Greater Kansas City
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- President, Kansas Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Member, Missouri Bar and Family Law Section, the Kansas City
- Member, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and Family Law Committee
- Member, Kansas and Johnson County Bar Association.
- Listed on Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers since 2010.
- AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- B.A., Tulane University
- J.D., Georgia State University